NACTE Summer Conference
July 24-27, 2018
Harvey’s Lake Tahoe Resort
18 U.S. 50, Stateline, NV 89449
Our annual summer conference in beautiful Lake Tahoe, NV is coming up soon. We hope you can join your CTE colleagues this July to participate in the training, activities, networking and leadership opportunities that Nevada ACTE has to offer. Please see below for specific conference information and we’ll see you at the Lake!!
A QUICK PREVIEW OF THIS YEAR’S SESSIONS:
- CTE 101 and 201 Sessions
- Senate Bill 66 – Work-based learning
- Google and Internet apps
- Failure is a necessity for success in the workplace
- Twitter for administrators
- Our health is all connected – science based practices
- Multigenerational management in the workplace
- iCEV’s Nevada online courses and resources
- Developing cultural competence
- Google 101
- The importance of branding and social media marketing
- Cross-curricular collaboration – cabinetmaking CTE program and English 11
- How to start a classroom business with only $50
- Integrating FCCLA as a resource
- National Board Teacher Certification for CTE 101
- Using Flippity in the classroom
- A overview of A-TECH
- Sketchnoting 101
- Using EverFi for college and career planning
- The path from Core to CTE
- IMAGO – incorporate student voice in the classroom
- Become more effective meeting facilitators using GOAT RACE
- Members Cost: $300
- Non-Members Cost: $450
- Wednesday ONLY Pass: $99
- Thursday ONLY Pass: $99
- Registration: Click here for detailed information and link to online registration
The LAST DAY TO REGISTER for the conference is JULY 1, 2018 and no refunds will be given after this date.
To book your room reservation, please click here.
We are opening up our exhibitor and sponsor registration for this year’s conference. As a previous exhibitor and/or sponsor, we are hoping that you will join us this year in Lake Tahoe for this year’s conference. I know that this information is coming out a little later than normal, but we have been making significant changes to our scheduling and programming to enhance our attendee’s experience.
Exhibitor setup will be on Tuesday, July 24, 2018 starting at noon and concluding with a social in the vendor area.
Exhibitor tear down will be on Thursday, July 26, 2018 at 3:00 PM.
More information regarding pricing and registration is below.
Do you know someone whose hard work and dedication to Career and Technical Education should be recognized? Should your own efforts in Career and Technical Education be honored? The Nevada Association for Career and Technical Education is currently accepting applications for this year’s state awards in eight different categories. Click on the links below to view the requirements and the online application.
ACTE Teacher of the Year
ACTE Administrator of the Year
ACTE Postsecondary Teacher of the Year
ACTE Career Guidance Award
ACTE New Teacher of the Year
ACTE Teacher Educator of the Year
ACTE Carl Perkins Community Service Award
ACTE Lifetime Achievement Award
To be considered as an award recipient, please complete the online application under your account by June 30, 2018. It is important that the application is completed under the account name of the nominee. Even if you are nominating a colleague, please instruct them to log into their own NACTE Account to complete the application.