NACTE Summer Conference
July 25-28, 2017
Harvey’s Lake Tahoe Resort
18 U.S. 50, Stateline, NV 89449
Our annual summer conference in beautiful Lake Tahoe, NV is coming up very soon. We hope you can join your CTE colleagues this July to participate in the training, activities, networking and leadership opportunities that Nevada ACTE has to offer. Please see below for specific conference information and we’ll see you at the Lake!!
2017 CONFERENCE KEYNOTE SPEAKER
Rachael Mann is a virtual TEDster and keynote speaker who assists educators in applying the principles of TED Talks to leadership and in the classroom. She presents at conferences across the country on how to lead like TED and how to transform the lives of students by sharing ideas in a TED-style fashion. Rachael also speaks to student groups and trains them in leadership, presentation literacy, global collaboration, and communication skills.
A QUICK PREVIEW OF THIS YEAR’S SESSIONS:
- If you can’t beat them, join them…how to use #SnapchatEdu in the classroom
- The many uses of Google Forms
- The in’s and out’s of CyberPatriot
- Using app development with Swift
- Guidelines for implementing high quality work-based learning programs in Nevada
- Update info on the new K-12 Computer Science standards coming, and more
- #TeachlikeTED, #SpeaklikeTED – Rachael Mann
- CTE data processes and strategies for program improvement
- Digital advances in the manufacturing and production industry
- 3D Anatomy and Physiology animation
- “Teens Cook with Heart” – curriculum on importance of healthy cooking
- Combining Google and Canvas for classroom management and activities
- Becoming an Apple Teacher
- Agricultural curriculum on fruit, seed production and biotic potential
- Student-run businesses in the CTE classroom
- Tying it all together – NEPF, SLG, and PGP
- Tools for running an effective CTSO
- 3D architectural modeling demonstration
- New program requirements for CTE college credit
- CSTA Nevada – general meeting
- STEM and Agriscience – the sharing of current practices
- and much MORE!!
- Members Cost: $250
- Non-Members Cost: $400
- Wednesday ONLY Pass: $99
- Thursday ONLY Pass: $99
- Registration: Click here for detailed information and link to online registration
The LAST DAY TO REGISTER for the conference is JULY 1, 2017 and no refunds will be given after this date.
To book your room reservation, please click here.
Do you know someone whose hard work and dedication to Career and Technical Education should be recognized? Should your own efforts in CTE be honored? The Nevada Association for Career and Technical Education is currently accepting applications for this year’s state awards ranging from the ACTE Teacher of the Year to the Career and Guidance Award. To be considered as an award recipient, please complete your own online application or encourage a colleague to complete one by May 31, 2017. Click here for more information.