NACTE Summer Conference
July 24-27, 2018
Harvey’s Lake Tahoe Resort
18 U.S. 50, Stateline, NV 89449
Our annual summer conference in beautiful Lake Tahoe, NV is coming up soon. We hope you can join your CTE colleagues this July to participate in the training, activities, networking and leadership opportunities that Nevada ACTE has to offer. Please see below for specific conference information as it becomes available and we’ll see you at the Lake!!
CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS:
Nevada ACTE has opened its Call for Presentations for this year’s summer conference from July 24, 2018, to July 27, 2018, at Harveys Lake Tahoe.
We are making some modifications to this year’s programming of breakout sessions that include specific time slots that are designated for division-specific professional development beyond the normal division meetings and time slots that are designated for more general professional development regardless of your division.
In addition to general breakout sessions and division-specific strands, Nevada ACTE is looking for presentations for the following strands CTE 101 for new to CTE teachers, CTE 201 for intermediate teachers, and a middle school strand for educators who are working and developing CTE programs at the middle school level.
If you are interested in presenting at this year’s conference, please complete the form below by March 16, 2018.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our Executive Director Craig Statucki.
A QUICK PREVIEW OF THIS YEAR’S SESSIONS:
- Senate Bill 66 – Work-based learning
- Google and Internet apps
- Failure is a necessity for success in the workplace
- Twitter for administrators
- Our health is all connected – science based practices
- Multigenerational management in the workplace
- iCEV’s Nevada online courses and resources
- Developing cultural competence
- Google 101
- The importance of branding and social media marketing
- Cross-curricular collaboration – cabinetmaking CTE program and English 11
- How to start a classroom business with only $50
- Integrating FCCLA as a resource
- National Board Teacher Certification for CTE 101
- Using Flippity in the classroom
- A overview of A-TECH
- Sketchnoting 101
- Using EverFi for college and career planning
- The path from Core to CTE
- IMAGO – incorporate student voice in the classroom
- Become more effective meeting facilitators using GOAT RACE
CONFERENCE INFORMATION: Coming Soon!
- Conference Flyer
- Conference Schedule (tentative)
- New CTE Educator Training RSVP form
- Members Cost: $250
- Non-Members Cost: $400
- Wednesday ONLY Pass: $99
- Thursday ONLY Pass: $99
- Registration: Click here for detailed information and link to online registration (This link will become available closer to the conference)
The LAST DAY TO REGISTER for the conference is JULY 1, 2018 and no refunds will be given after this date.
HOTEL REGISTRATION: Coming Soon!
To book your room reservation, please click here.
VENDOR INFORMATION: Coming Soon!
- Vendor Information
- Vendor Registration
- Sponsor Information
Do you know someone whose hard work and dedication to Career and Technical Education should be recognized? Should your own efforts in CTE be honored? The Nevada Association for Career and Technical Education is currently accepting applications for this year’s state awards ranging from the ACTE Teacher of the Year to the Career and Guidance Award. To be considered as an award recipient, please complete your own online application or encourage a colleague to complete one by May 31, 2018. Click here for more information.