Nevada Association for Career and Technical Education
NACTE Seeking Executive Director
View PDF Flyer
View PDF Job Description
July 22nd - 25th, 2014
at the Monte Bleu Casino and Resort in Lake Tahoe
ACTE 2013 Quality Association Winner!
NACTE -- Nevada Association of Career and Technical Education strives to provide leadership in developing an educated, prepared, and competitive workforce.
What can NACTE do for you?
- Keep you up to date on legislation pertinent to you as a CTE teacher both within the State and at the Federal level. Keep abreast of what is going on and get involved in the legislative process to ensure your students do not lose out in the dollar shuffle.
- NACTE represents your interests at the State Legislature and State Board of Education hearings related to Career and Technical Education.
- ACTE is offering an online "Communities of Practice" to help you gain access to online discussion and information specific to your professional interests from other CTE professionals around the country.
- Quality networking and professional development at the NACTE conference (state) and the ACTE conference (national).
- Professional recognition. Whether you are an educator, administrator, or business leader, the NACTE and ACTE Awards Programs gives you the opportunity to nominate a colleague or personally receive recognition on the state or national stage for your professional accomplishments and dedication to career and technical education.
- Classroom help: ACTE has an online lesson plan library which allows you to search a list of career and technical education lesson plans by topic. You can even help your colleagues by posting a lesson plan of your own.
- ACTE offers a $25,000 policy for common carrier accidental death and dismemberment insurance to all members within the first year of annual membership. The policy increases by $5,000 annually with continuous renewal of membership (up to a maximum of $50,000) plus you get access to affordable insurance options through ACTE's group buying program.
What is CTE?
Career and Technical Education (CTE) prepares both youth and adults for a
wide range of careers. These careers may require varying levels of
education - from high school and postsecondary certificates to college
degrees. The primary areas of focus for Career and Technical Education
are the attainment of academic and occupational skills, and completion of
diplomas, credentials, and certificates.